How to Cook Your Own Thai Fried Chicken
Fried chicken is considered a staple food around the world. There are a lot of recipes that you can taste when you’re looking for the best fried chicken dish around. You won’t be disappointed with all of the results that you’ll get.
But in our opinion, one of the best fried chicken recipes is the Thai flavour because it packs a lot of great things and awesome texture. That’s why here at Selina’s Thai, we believe that it is the most delicious fried chicken that you’ll ever taste.
In this article, we’re going to give you a great time teaching you how to make the famous Thai fried chicken. We guarantee that you’ll be the life of the party after serving this to every one of your friends.
But before we teach you how to cook this wonderful dish let’s understand first the flavour profile of the dish to love it more. The fish sauce that is used in this dish is quite unusual because you won’t see it in other dishes but it adds a deep level of savoriness to the dish itself.
You can also feel the light batter on the chicken that makes it more subtle in taste when you first bite it but full in flavour as time goes on. The crispiness and the saltiness of the chicken are well balanced and don’t overpower the whole dish.
Now you’ve understood the flavour profile of the dish. Let’s get to cooking. All of the ingredients listed in this article can make 3 to 4 servings and you don’t have to worry too much about the time because it will only take around 30 minutes to cook and prepare.
Here are the ingredients that you’ll need to make a Thai fried chicken.
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 coriander roots, chopped
- 10 white peppercorns
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 8 chicken legs or drumsticks
- Oil for deep-frying
- Sweet chili sauce for serving
- In a mortar, combine the garlic, coriander root, white peppercorns and pound it until the mixture is smooth.
- Mix the flour with beaten egg, water, fish sauce, and soy sauce.
- Add the paste to the wet ingredients that you previously mix to create the full batter. Mix it until smooth.
- Dip the chicken into the batter. Make sure that you coat all of the sides to get the full flavour.
- In a hot frying pan in medium heat, fry the chicken and wait for it to brown before getting it out.
- Cool the chicken in a room temperature place.
- Serve the chicken with sweet chilli sauce and with some rice.